What WowStack is
We will preserve the World of Warcraft from the original release of patch 1 up to patch 1.12 for you, manually curating all game content on this site, showing what was part of the game, allowing you to once again enjoy what made this game so special.
Here are a few topics we’re working on:
- content documentation: keeping all the creatures, NPCs, quests, game features neatly documented sorted and comparable by patch version
- for that purpose we build software in Go to catalog, compare and archive all Vanilla WoW patches from version 1 to 1.12
- because viewing often is more fun than reading, we will also be making videos about each patch, available game features, changes, great quests, quirks and the silly things
- writing the stories behind those videos and also blog them for our new website
- hunting down and archiving all the vanilla WoW game clients in all locales
In general we want to sort of be the archive.org for Vanilla World of Warcraft.
Famous last words
Warcraft®, World of Warcraft®, and all World of Warcraft® or Warcraft® art, images, and lore are copyrighted by Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.